Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Spending: Jan. 22-24th

Ok, so this weekend was spent shopping. At least that's what it feels like!

Friday I attended a Tastefully Simple party. All there's stuff is so yummy. I can't say no to a party because I love trying it all. I only bought one cheese ball mix thing, but I also bought 2 key limes mixes for my mom, so it put me out $27.

Then on Saturday hubby went out to breakfast with his brother. Then we headed to the next town over for shopping. Luckily the library was free, but then I dropped $3 for 2 shirts from Old Navy to make into bags. I figured they are cheaper than buying fabric! Hubby used a gift card at EMS, so that didn't cost. We decided to do our grocery shopping at Wegman's since we were close by, but we had eaten lunch yet (this was around 3pm), so we grabbed some subs at Subway! I love that place!!! Then we dropped $44.02 on groceries. I forgot how much cheaper Wegman's can be compared to our normal store. If only it was closer....
We also spent $5 to rent a movie and $1.50 for a new shower curtain liner because I'm tired of scrubbing the soap scum off ours. Icckk!

Sunday we spent another $10 on food since Hubby's small group was in charge on the social time between services at church.

The upside is that we shouldn't have to spend anything for the rest of the week!!!

I have a busy week ahead of me, with plans for 3 of the 5 nights, and plans to squeeze in the gym one of those 'off' nights. I'm going to try my hand at running again... One of my friends wants me to run the Broad Street run with her this year. It's the largest and I think possibly the fastest 10 miler in the US! When I ran it in 2007 the record was broken by a guy who ran it in 45 minutes!!! I don't even think I was halfway when he finished!!!

The race isn't until the beginning of May, so we'll see what I decide!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

i'm addicted to running :) and if the race isn't until May you've got a some time before you have to decide/start training

Unknown said...

Glad you loved the Tastefully Simple party! I was hooked on it the very first time I tried it.

And you scored quite a deal. Did you know that each of the cheese balls come with 2 packets in them? So you actually bought enough to make 2 for yourself and 4 for your mom :).

You should consider hosting your own - taste-testing or catalog! You can earn free food :). Let me know if you're interested!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Tastefully Simple... but i'm Canadian, maybe its a US thing? I think you should do the run! I love running... its so 'freeing' and great for your mind & body!! :)

Live Simply- Live Well said...

i love running. you should totally do it. you will feel so great!

Serendipity said...

Your weekend wasn't over costly at all. You did fun things but didn't waste money I feel. Good job!