Friday, November 13, 2009

Thankfulness Day 2 - Nov. 12th Spending

I am thankful for the seasons. As much as I might complain about the cold and winter, I love that we have 4 seasons. I'm blessed to live in an area that really does experience all 4 of them too. I absolutely love hot summer days, but I'm sure over time they would get old and I would miss seeing the leaves change. It is absolutely gorgeous seeing the reds, yellows, and orange trees. I wouldn't appreciate Spring as much with the burst of new life everywhere if we didn't have winter and everything look barren and dead. Plus, snow is a beautiful sight for a day or two. :-) I couldn't imagine having Christmas with palm trees swaying in the balmy 70 degree sun outside. I am thankful that I live in an area that is ever changing.

Total spent...$0!

Here's a question for y'all. I made potato soup yesterday (which was absolutely delish by the way :-)). My problem was with the baked potatoes. I microwaved them, but then I had to peel them before adding them to the soup. Since they just came out of the microwave they were super hot and hard to handle, and next to impossible to cut the skin off without burning my fingers. Can I cut the skin off before I microwave them? Is there an easy way to remove the skin after they are baked?

Tonights a busy night for us. We're having dinner with hubby's family, then we have a student night at his school. Tomorrow is cleaning day. I'm tackling our apartment head on! Especially my closet. I have crates on the top shelf of my closet that house my t-shirts and hoodies. On top of them are boxes with my swimsuits and winter items like hats, gloves, scarves etc. Well I guess one of the connecting pieces of the crate came off and it was a domino effect of everything falling. Not a pretty sight. It's been about a week now, and I still haven't cleaned it up.

Hope y'all have a fantastic weekend!!!

1 comment:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

have fun decluttering!

I live in one of those areas that does not really have 4 seasons. Summer is hot hot hot. Winter is mild and rainy. It does not usually get cold until around January. Spring and Fall are pretty much just like summer.
It has snowed on Christmas 2 times in my life. All the other times, we were able to play outside in shorts with our new toys growing up.