Thursday, November 12, 2009

Five Years Down the Road...


Frugal Dreamer did a post on what she wants her life to look like in 5 years from now, so I'm gonna copy and do the same. I think it's great to have a vision for the future. Even if it doesn't turn out at all, at least there is a goal to be striving for, even if it does change as time goes on....

The idea is to close your eyes, imagine it’s a Friday morning a few years from now (2 to 5 years from now). Now think about exactly how you’d want to spend the day, keeping in mind that it is a weekday. The idea is to plan your perfect day, using the following questions…

1. What time do you wake up, and how are you feeling as you greet the day?

6-630, so I have time with hubby while he's getting ready for work, and workout before the kids get up. I feel well rested and ready to tackle the day.

2. Where are you? If you’re at home, what does it look like?

I am at home. In an older, 3-4 bedroom which is undergoing self renovations. It may not be the neatest home with kids running around, but there isn't unnecessary clutter.

3. Who is with you?

Hubby and 2 kids with possible a third on the way.

4. What kind of work are you doing? (if you have no idea what kind of work you’ll be doing or want to be doing, list the qualities you want to find in the work you do and the kind of work environment you want.)

I'll be a stay at home Mom, with a little side business that I can do out of the house.

5. As you head out to face the day, how do you look? What are you wearing?

I'm dressed comfy to play with the kids, but I still look put together.

6. How do you get to work?

I work at home, so I'll just have to roll out of bed. :-) Hopefully I will still have my car, but I may have upgraded to a super sweet minivan.

7. When you’re done with work, how will you spend you spare time and with whom? What activities do you enjoy?

With family and friends. Hopefully tweaking my photography and craft skills.

8. What is your evening like?

Friday nights we always made homemade pizza growing up, and lately hubby and I have been doing the same. We'll either have a family night in or hang out with one of our siblings and their kids.

9. When you go to bed that night, how are you feeling after spending the day doing exactly what you love?

I feel ready for sleep, but not exhausted in a bad way. I feel very content with my life and blessed and thank God for all that He has blessed us with.

10. What are you most grateful for and what are you looking forward to as you go to sleep?

I'm grateful for having a healthy family and being able to stay home and raise my kids. I'm looking forward to a Saturday with my family working on projects around the house and seeing the grandparents.

I realize that I am dreaming big, but what other way is there to dream?

Join in and let us know how you view your future in 5 years!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so great! We have very similar dreams!!!! :)

Serendipity said...

I loved this post. It seems very happy mellow and content. :)

Live Simply- Live Well said...

I love this post. I too crave a simple life with a family in my own little corner of the world.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

That does sound nice. Very doable.