Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanks

Well with being out of town over Thanksgiving I got a little behind on typing up on what I'm thankful for. Here are a few more:

24. I am thankful for time with my grandmother. She's my only living grandparent, so any time with her is a blessing. She's 85 and still pretty with it. I even got to have some financial talk with her, like how her and my Poppop bought their house for $8,000 and paid it off quickly so they wouldn't be in debt.

25. I'm blessed to be part of a big family (my dad's one of six). All the cousin's and aunt's and uncles get along. Most of the family lives in one town, so it's easy to get together over the holidays even though some family members work in health care and have to work every other.

26. I'm blessed that my family and in-laws get along so well. Hubby's family came to my family's Thanksgiving bring our total to 27 people in one small house. Everyone gets along wonderfully though :-) So many people can't stand their in-laws, let alone have their in-laws get along with their family. It's definitely something to be thankful for!

27. I am thankful that I was able to bake pies with not just my mom and grandmom, but also my dad. He wasn't feeling well, so he talked me through how to make the pumpkin pie that his mom always made. Her recipe was in her head, so it's very hard to recreate, but it was fun working with him.

28. I am thankful for my metabolism! Don't hate me, but I managed to make it through Thanksgiving without gaining weight! Let's pray that I can keep it that way through Christmas!

No comments: