Thursday, December 4, 2008

December 4th Spending

Total Spent...$95.97! Ouch!

Actual it's not as bad as it seems. I went to the eye Dr.'s yesterday to pick up my new contacts, which covers $74.48 of that. Which I am not happy about because they aren't correct. I have to go back in next Wednesday to have my eyes re-checked so he can send out a new prescription for me. Oh well, at least it won't cost me anything extra.

The other $21.49 were for shoes. I am very proud of myself that was all I spent. My Dr.'s in the mall, so I have to walk past all these stores that were calling my name! New York and Company is my most fave store ever and it just happened to be next door, but I had enough willpower to say no and walk by. I don't even want to think about the damage had I walked through those doors.
Back to my actual purchase. I have been in desperate need of black shoes for over a year now. I had an accident last winter and was unable to wear heels, so I had to settle on a cheap pair of flats. I have a pair of boots, but wearing boots everyday getst old...fast! I found my new shoes at Payless, which had BOGO! After almost 1/2 hour of fighting with myself about getting a second pair, I decided that I could get one that was on clearance since it'd only be $5. Well they only had the ones that I wanted in a 6 1/2 and I needed a 6. So I asked them to check other stores for me. Here's the cool thing. If a Payless doent's have your size and another store does, you get a coupon for $3 off your purchase! That means my 2nd pair of shoes would only be $2!!! No way was I going to pass that up. It also happened that the only store in the area that carried them was the one closes to me. When I got there, I had the nice surprise that they had their clearance shoes a dollar cheaper than the mall. So I got a cute pair of shoes for only $1.50! It was meant to be!

No comments: