Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 4

Total Spent.... $2.50!

I wasn't planning on spending anything yesterday, but as I was parking, hubby comes out and announces that we are going to the store. See, when we were at a friends house Sunday night they had sugar snap peas and he fell in love with them. Seriously! He hasn't stopped talking about them, or wanting to get some since! I obliged, because hey at least he's craving a vegetable! So we ran to Giant right down the road from us. Sadly enough they must be out of season because they only had a super tiny container of them...it was small enough that hubby would have eaten all of them in one night. The real kicker was that they wanted $3.50 for them! Insane I know. Did I mention that I was coming home from voting and after standing in line for like an hour I really had to use the bathroom? So I trotted off to find a restroom and left hubby to try and find if they had any more sugar peas anywhere. I come back to find that he didn't find any, but he did find ice cream! He announces that it was on sale and since I had finished off the old one that we HAD to get it. I thought girls were the ones who were suppose to have cravings? I gave in...after all ice cream is my weakest link. As we were in line he remembered that we needed sour cream for dinner. I also remembered that the last time we were there I had gotten a coupon for $1 off, which brought our total to $2.50 for ice cream and sour cream. Two things we could have lived without.

I understand now why the little trips to the store in the middle of the week are so detrimental on your budget! I saw a few other things while we were there that were on sale, or I wanted, but since we aren't spending this month I walked away. Our little trip could have easily cost us $10 or more and if we had spent our normal $50 for the week we'd be looking at $60!
Does anyone else find it challenging not to make a quick trip? Or to spend more than you want in those 'quick' trips?

No comments: