Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Taking the plunged

I created this blog so I can follow others who live frugally whether it be for financial reasons, or to help the environment. I believe that networking together helps tremendously, and it holds you accountable, especially if you have to blog why you didn't pay down your loan one month because you HAD to have those new boots. :-)

Now, a little about me:

My husband and I were married on 07-07-07 (like 10 thousand others). We live on the outskirts of a college town in a very wealthy area, which causes the cost of living to be outrageous! We are very involved in our church and are constantly reminded of how much God has blessed us, even if by worldly standards we may not look it.

Since we've been married we've managed to pay off all of hubby's debt (YAY!), and pay down a chunk of both our school loans, which is now the only debt we have. We've also managed to start saving for a down payment. We have a small emergency fund, and need to start a car fund being that hubby's car will be turning 14 with 180k miles.

Owe:
Hubby's school loan: $17,168 6.75%
My school loan: $7,569 1.85%

Saving Goal:
Future car fund: $6,000
Future house fund: $20,000

Any help, tips, whatever would be appreciated! I'm looking forward to this journey with y'all!

No comments: