Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Going green

I work in a small office where we are blessed with a food supply. Once every month or so, one of the guys heads off to Sam's Club to bring back a van full of food and drinks. It's quite exciting...almost like Christmas. The only thing is that all of those cans and plastic bottles and everything get thrown in the trash! With my recent re-awareness to recycling I decided to do something about it.
So I snagged 2 boxes from our warehouse, quickly labeled them, and made a sign stating that we were going to beginning recycling. I did some research and found out that there is a place that buys aluminum only a few miles from my work place. Not only am I helping to reduce trash, but I can make a few extra cents on the side. Sadly, there is no place that accepts plastics, so they have to be toted home and recycled there.

I also brought in some dishes, mugs and silverware that the tenets before us left in our apartment. We go through a tremendous amount of paper and plastic ware so I thought this might help a little. The only problem with it is that the guys I work with aren't to keen on doing dishes...


If anyone has any other suggests I can try at work please let me know!

No comments: