Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Goodwill

I have a bunch of friends who swear by Goodwill and The Salvation Army and the like. Back in high school we would go for Halloween outfits or for wacky Wednesdays with soccer, but never for anything serious. I think I associated it with trashy/out-of-style clothes that no one wanted, which is why they gave them away to places like Goodwill. Boy I couldn't have been more wrong!

Saturday afternoon my hubby and I were coming home from a trip to Delaware and drove past a Goodwill in a very wealthy neighborhood, so we decided to stop. I'm so glad that we did!

I found 2 turtlenecks in perfect condition, 1 from Ann Taylor, the other from The Limited for $3.50 each. I also picked up a Kate Spade handbag for $4!

I also got a cute scarf because Jessica at What I Wore swears by them and since I've been trying to expand my wardrobe to look a little more professional, I thought it'd be a nice touch. I am totally sold on thrift shopping now though!

No comments: