Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The World of Working Out

A small portion of our budget is allocated each month for our gym memberships. I joined in 2006 during there pre-opening sale for $10/month. It was the first gym I had ever joined since I always either been in school (and could use the school gym for free), or employed by one.
It had been a little over 6 months since I had quit my last nutrition job at the gym and had been experiencing a little weight gain and was definitely out of shape.
I remember the first time I stepped on the treadmill and couldn't even run a mile... it was very hard to believe that I had run 10 only a year before. Shortly afterwards I doubled my monthly payments to that I could go to any Planet Fitness gym in the nation, have an unlimited guess pass, unlimited tanning, and massage chair use.
When we got married last year we used my membership and hubby came as my guest so we only spent $20/month. Soon our schedules varied and he got his own basic membership. When he started his new job this August they had just opened a gym near his school, so he upgraded his membership so he could go to either the one by work or home. Now we are up to $40/month for fitness, but I guess compared to rates of other gyms near us ($60/person) it's a great deal!

No comments: