Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 Goals


I am like crazy late with jumping on this band wagon, but after a lot of thought, I decided that it would be good to have some goals in place to help keep me focused. Maybe I should have thought about them more, but they work for me now, and they give me some guidance, which is what I need.

Financial-
  1. Track all spending. 'Nuf said. No more sneaky spending.
  2. Replenish savings. I left my job before hubby started his new one. He's a teacher so he gets paid over the summer, so it wasn't a big deal, but there was a gap in his last paycheck at his old job and when he actually started to receive his new one. It happened to be the beginning of a month, so I had to pull mortgage and HOA and a few other big, important bills from our savings. It's been a struggle to find our groove so we may been negligent in adding too it. Maybe even going as far a borrowing from it some more...shhh!
  3. Save for a vacation. Maybe just a small, local beach trip again. Maybe a trip to the mountains with my family. Maybe a trip to Florida to visit some of hubby's family. Not quite sure.

Health-
  1. Start running again. Even if it's just a mile or two. It's been 4 years since my injury. A year and a half since I became preggo. I have no excuse not to be running. (Except for right now because it's way to cold out :-) )
  2. Complete the 100 push-up/200 squats/200 sit-ups/50 dips Challenge. I'd love to do all of them, but I think the push-ups are going to be the hardest!
  3. Do 500 miles. Walking or running, that's about 10 miles a week of conscience movement, not counting all the miles I'll put in chasing after an almost toddler!

Family-
  1. Have one family night a week. Spending intentional time as a family, even if it's just hanging out in the nursery, playing whatever silly game baby creates.
  2. Establish a family Bible time/prayer time. Once a week is what I'm thinking for now...maybe more later on when the baby can actually understand what's going on.
  3. Day trip some place new. Last year when we thought I'd be working all summer we took a few day trips before I went back, including one to Baltimore Inner harbor. So fun!

Spiritual-  (Why does this one always seem to be my hard one to follow?)
  1.  Stay on track with reading for my studies. I'm in 2 Bibles and I stink at being disciplined enough to complete my readings for the week.
  2. Wake up before baby for quiet time. Lately he's been sleeping all night and waking up around 7ish, so I *should* be able to do this. I am giving myself a free passing during sickness/teething/weird schedule issues because we all know that babies can be unpredictable and if I'm up all night it won't be good for anyone around me to try and get up early :-)
  3. Memorize 20 new verses. Oh man...I'm horrible at being disciplined to memorize! Who wants to hold me accountable??
Fun-
  1. Read 50 books. That's less than a book a week...maybe to ambitious with the baby?
  2. Attend at least 3 free events with Logan. Since I don't have a car, and don't know when I might have one.
  3. Go to the pool at least 15 times. I was going to say, "actually use the pool!" but that is a bit arbitrary since we technically did use the pool last summer, but only a hand full of times. It's literally in our backyard and it's included in our HOA, so we have no excuse NOT to use it. Unless of course it rains and is cold all summer.
  4. Find a hobby! And do it!!! I like crocheting, I like sewing, but unless it's Christmas or a baby shower I don't do them. I need to find something that I can do all the time.
That's all I got for now...here's to the next 11 1/2 months of getting back on track and having fun doing it!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

it took me 3 years of having the 52 books in 52 weeks goal before actually hitting it - and i'm a book worm who doesn't have kids. good luck with the goal though! its one of those that you win even if you don't quite hit your goal