Monday, April 26, 2010

Life Updates

The last week April? What??!?!

First off, I'm in the spotlight over at Me in Millions Monday Morning Inspirations! Check it out!!!

Second of all, we put another offer in for a house! Eek!!! Actually, it's a townhouse end unit, and is crazy, ridiculously priced. If we get it, our mortgage payments (not including taxes and fees) would actually be LOWER than our rent!!! I never thought that would be possible around here. It's a short sale, so we're praying that everything goes smoothly with it. There's been a lot going on with the houses which is why I haven't been around much.

I feel like I say it every time, but life just seems to be flying by. I can't keep up with it. I love looking into our future and seeing how we'd like this to go, but I really have to learn to stay grounded in the here and now. I'm never going to get this time back.

The company I work for is receiving an award from the SBA today, so it's been a whirlwind around here trying to get cleaned up for them. We are also in the midst of our busy season, so it's just added chaos.

I just started reading a new finance book. It's definitely interesting. It's called Shoo! Jimmy Choo. It's a very girly book and I'm not very far into it, but I like the 3 points she made in the beginning. Financial Fitness, Debt Diet, and Saving Style. She puts everything on a level that most women can understand, fitness, dieting and style. Love it! I'll let you know how the rest of the book goes.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

i'll have to put that on my book list. :)

eeeeee about the house. i hope it works out for you!!

me in millions said...

Thanks for being my inspiration this Monday! And good luck with all of the house stuff!

Esperanza said...

Wow!! How exciting :)
now paying all that debt off will be worth it.

Live Simply- Live Well said...

so exciting. hope the house works out!!!

Unknown said...

Thats great that your ready to purchase the house. I wish you the best of luck and good vibes!