Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sept. 23rd Spending

Total spent...$3.xx at Starbucks. Hubby hung out with his sister so they grabbed a cup of coffee together.

We have 7 days left in this month and we need 6 more NSD...unless we can be real strategic and get all our shopping and gas buying done on one day we won't make it. No spend days are great at making you think twice about a purchase, because do you really want to ruin having a NSD just because you want that candy bar? But in the long run (the end of the month) it comes down to staying in your budget and HOW much you spent, not how OFTEN you spent it. You could drop $5 a day for the entire month, or you could spend $150 in one day. It's the thing. I think NSD are great to plan your purchases and to avoid impulse buys. We all know that if you forget to buy milk during your normal grocery run you can easily run out halfway through the week and pick it up. No harm done, because you were going to get it anyways, right? Theoretically, yes, but in reality, how often do we leave with a bag full of other items we 'need'?

My sorry butt made it to the gym yesterday too! I lifted arms, and even though I've done push ups all summer, I can't lift near the amount or reps that I could in the Spring. Depressing? Yes, but motivation to keep on going. I chatted with an older guy who was next to me down by the weights, and he said that he hadn't been their since the Spring either. At least I'm not the only one. :-)

I'm in full Fall mode, because I broke out the slow cooker for today. I'm attempting chicken noodle soup with tons of veggies, so I'm hoping it turns out. I'll let y'all know tomorrow.

Oh, and paid some more down on my loans!!! Woohoo!!! Just under $3,700 to go! I can almost taste being debt free and it tastes so good!

12/18 NSD

$0/$69.28 EM

2 comments:

Brooke said...

woot!!! on your trip to the gym and

wooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on being on the home stretch to debt freedom!

Esperanza said...

Thanks for the NSD perspective...def needed that eye opener ;)