Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 22nd Spending

Total spent...$5.26 on food for the beach.

I forgot to pick up stuff to make a salad for the dinner on Wednesday night, so I made a quick trip to the store. I am frantically making list and trying to get things together for the beach trip. It didn't help that brother's car broke down last night and we spend like 3 hours trying to help him. We found out that there aren't many places open past 8pm to buy a battery! Not cool. Oh well, everything worked out, and hopefully they won't have any problems on the rest of their drive to the beach.

On a side note, I think I figured out where Dave Ramsey got his gazelle intensity. Most of you who read this are quite familiar with Dave Ramsey and all his saying and beliefs, and how he's big on having gazelle intensity to pay off debt. Well, as I believe I have mentioned before, my Bible study is working through Proverbs, and yesterday we covered chapter 6. Verse 5 says:
Save yourself like a gazelle escaping from a hunter,
like a bird fleeing from a net.

The previous verses are talking about how you should be financially responsible and not foolish with your money. Basically it says that we should run from debt like our life depends upon it. I guess Dave also could have called it bird intensity, but that just doesn't sound as cool as gazelle intensity.

No comments: