Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Exhaustion - May 26th Spending

Total spent...$9.02. We are forgoing grocery shopping again this week, but needed a few staples (ie. milk, bananas etc.) so we spent $7.43 on food for the week. Hubby also had to renew a DVD from the library that he's currently showing his class. Since Tuesday's are 2 for Tuesday's we also picked up a movie for us to watch for a date night. I never realized that the library had such a wide array of movies! Media rentals are $1.59 for a week, and if you go on Tuesday's you get 2 for that price! Much cheaper than Blockbuster if you ask me, you just have to plan ahead.

The lack of sleep this past weekend has totally wrecked me and we skipped the gym last night. Honestly I wouldn't mind skipping it again tonight. Shh, did I just say that?!?! It's true, we went to bed at 9 last night (yup, as in n-i-n-e PM) and I had to hit snooze more times than I want to admit this morning when I finally rolled out of bed at 7. I guess this gray, rainy weather isn't helping.

Oh, I forgot to mention on yesterdays post about my family picnic. My mom and I ran out in the morning to pick up a few last minutes items, one of which being plates. She was looking at the styrofoam because they were the large pack (40ct.) when I found sturdy paper plates, but they were only 15ct for the same price. We looked at the shelf above and they had the exact same plates in lunch size for a 36ct! Who comes up with lunch and dinner plates? Why not make a trip to get seconds when you can get twice the number of plates for the same price? Anyways, they were super awesome and made out of recycled material which made me really excited, but then I saw that they were also biodegradable! We were able to toss them into my mom's compost pile instead of the trash! I'll try to remember to ask my mom for an update on the in a few weeks and let you know how they are coming. They were made by Chinet if you'd like to check them out for yourself. :-)

No comments: