Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 22nd Spending

Total spent..$0! Yay!!!

Last night was an extremely lazy evening. Hubby had a rough day at work, and when he came home I was in the kitchen and the first thing out of his mouth was 'what's for dinner?'. I pointed to the chicken I had thawing on the counter (don't yell, I know you aren't suppose to let it sit out the thaw). He then proceeded to asked if we could go to Old Country Buffet instead. See he had found gift cards for OCB a weeks back and has been dying to use them. I've never been there, and since the chicken wasn't really thawed yet I reluctantly agreed.
I could probably count the number of times I've been to a buffet (aside from the cafe at college) on one hand, so I had no idea what to expect. All I can say is that for $11 something a person I'd much rather go out to eat somewhere nicer and have leftovers to take home. I don't think I over ate by any means, but their food was so extremely greasy and didn't even taste all that great. I spent the entire time drooling over the desserts, and when I got some, I was anything but impressed. It kept me full all night even though I still feel gross. I guess when we go to the gym tonight I should hit the treadmill.

Tonight is also the Town Hall for Hope meeting!!! I'm super excited since I've never read anything by Dave Ramsey, but have heard rave reviews by so many. I would love to hear what y'all think about it tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

i'm not a big fan of buffets.

do you have a used bookstore locally? i seriously think you should try to find one of his books at a great price.

COL said...

Thumbs up on Dave Ramsey.

Two thumbs down on OCB. Ewwwww!

Paula said...

I don't know why we eat things we know we shouldn't but we do.