Saturday, February 21, 2009

February 20th Spending

Total spent... $30.xx on McFlurries for hubbys class.

He was expecting about 4 0r 5 to get 100% like the other class that did it. Well he had about 12! It's great that so many did so well, but not so great on our budget.

Speaking of not so great on the budget...we did our taxes last night. All I can say is that I wanted to cry as I watch our federal tax calculator go from green to red. I have always received money back from them, that's why I claim 0 instead of 1. Well I guess there is a first for everything. I still do not understand why though. Last year we got over $1300 back, and since we made a couple thousand less this year than last year I was hoping for close to the same. Hubby worked a job that gave a 1099 this year, but he had one of those from last year also, and this years was only a couple hundred more. The only big difference is that he was in college the first half of last year, so maybe that contributed to the refund? All I know is that instead of getting money we now have to pay almost $150 to the feds and state. Oh well, I guess it could be worse.

No comments: