Saturday, January 3, 2009

January 2nd Spending

Total spent...$40.97. Ouch.

Almost $20 was spent on eating out. My best friend since high school is in town from Colorado, so I justify it because it gave me like 2 hours of catching up with her. I miss the days back then, and her. It's nice that nothing has changed between us except for distance, which I'm just glad she's in the same country as me now! (She was in the army and stationed in Germany and spent 2 stints in Iraq).
Then hubby and I went to Panera Bread to discuss the year past and year ahead and our personal goals for the next 12 months.

We also spent about $20 on new filters for our water pitcher. It was a double pack, so I figured $10 for a filter that will give us hundreds of glass/bottles of water is worth the price to buy 10 plastic bottles of water.
Speaking of water bottles, my present from my brother finally came! He bought me a Klean Kanteen! It's made from food grade stainless steal and won't leach BPA or anything. I love it! It's extremely light and came with 2 lids, so I can use a sport top when I'm on the treadmill or driving so I don't spill water all over myself. The only thing I don't like is that it's a great conductor and when I put cold water in the bottle becomes freezing! I'm sure that the opposite will happen when it gets warm out. I'll probabley purchase, or make something to insulate it.

No comments: