Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's working!

Hubby admitted to me the other day that he agreed to our Limited Spending Month (LSM) to make me happy. I think he is finally getting it though! He will be at a conference the next 2 days and apparently there is this amazing restaurant next door that has the best cake ever, according to one of his fellow teachers. He proceeded to ask if there was any possibility that he could go, even though we aren't suppose to be spending money this month! I was uber excited that he asked, because normally if something's only going to cost a few bucks he'll do it without thinking, especially if it involves coffee or junk food.

I explained to him that one of the main points of this experience is to help make us more conscience of our spending, not to deprive us. I told him that it was great he asked, and we can disuces his purchase. We decided that he could go out, but that it would be replacing his weekly coffee splurge. The small things add up so quickly we're finding out now that we're keeping tabs on every dollar.

No comments: