Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 16 of Thanks

16. I am thankful that I drive a manual car. Seriously. A little know fact to those who don't drive one, you can start it by just popping the clutch! We had to do this to my brother's car one time when his battery was all but dead and I was amazed! I didn't know how handy that piece of information would be until today. I don't know if it's that my car is on the older side, or if she's like me and just doesn't like cold mornings and doesn't want to move until she's warm. I was in hubby's parking spot which I hate because I have to back out into the road, so I was focused on looking out my frosty windows trying to make sure that no one was coming, and I guess I didn't give her enough gas because she stalled. As I started drifting down the hill while trying to start her I see a car flying up on me! I remembered the trick I had seen and popped my clutch...she started right up! I'm not sure how it works, but it works so that's all I care about, and I wasn't stranded in the middle of the road :-)

No comments: