Sunday, August 21, 2011

9 Month Update?



Hello? {Hello-o??} Echo.

Yes, it's been 9 months! I feel horrible for abandoning this blog, but I decided I'd rather try to keep up with my personal blog than this one. Sorry. :-(

So let's see....

My son was born at the end of March, so he will be 5 months next week! Eekk!!! Where is time going?
We are still completing projects on our house like crazy. Most recently we are almost finished the attic. I'll be doing a post on it soon on my other blog.

Oh, and the biggest news, we are now a one income family. I was able to quit my job to stay home with the baby! What a blessing! All (well, not ALL, God played a huge part) thanks to our finacial awareness, and getting out of debt and purchasing a house well within our means even though on paper we could have afforded more. I am so glad we did have we did. I feel sorry for some of my friends who didn't think ahead and live a lavish lifestyle, but have to leave their baby everyday. I'm not saying that to sound judgmental or anything, some people want the career, but it stinks for those who have a desire to stay home but are unable too.

I did have to go back to work after my leave was up for 4 weeks, but luckily hubby got a new job, so I could leave mine. Let me tell you, those were the longest 4 weeks of my life! Well, the week after baby was due was pretty darn long too! (He was 8 very long days late)

So yeah. Lot's of big changes. I doubt anyone will read this but if you do kudos to you! If you liked you can check out my personal blog, it's more focused on the baby, the house projects and life in general, but I'd love to get back into meal planning and frugal ventures. If you stop by be sure to say hi!


2 comments:

Rochelle said...

So glad to hear from you again!! Your son is gorgeous!

Brooke said...

welcome back!

when i get judgmental (unfortunately i really do get that way sometimes) i have to remind myself that i'm 1) intelligent about money and 2) informed about money because of God's blessings. I may do the crunching and scrimping, but He gave me the big picture focus and abilities to do those things.

so happy that you're able to stay at home with the new baby.