Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 11th Spending

Total spent..$0! Woohoo!!!

Since I was still sore from yesterday's workout, I skipped the gym. I do plan on going tonight, sore legs and all :-)
I did however want to watch Oprah since I had seen previews for the show the day before at the gym. She had 3 top chef's on to help reduce the cost of food. While some of the advice was good, some wasn't relevant to me, especially since we order take-out like never.
She had Curtis Stone, Tyler Florence, and Cat Cora. Those are links to some of the recipes they shared.

I spent time last night straightening up our place since I won't be home all weekend to clean. Hopefully tonight I can finish up cleaning with a load of laundry and pack. I actually had extra time last night since my fav show Lost wasn't on...what are they thinking!?!?

Side note....we have fallen back into winter temperatures and I am not like it. :-( At least it's not snowing, but I have packed up all my hats and scarves, and am putting my foot down on wearing a winter coat. I understand that March isn't summer and it won't be in the 70's, but can it be a little warmer than 40? Seriously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched Oprah yesterday too. I think I'm going to try more crockpot recipes. I always forget how easy they are and I can look on line for new recipes for free. Who can eat tv dinners for all three meals???? yuck!

Angie Goodloe LMT, Herbalist said...

It's great what you are doing! You should check out my blog- I am giving away books and other green items to inspire people (mostly moms but you can join even if you are not one!) to live more simple and green:) You can get great tips from reading others comments as well!http://authenticmama.com/?p=205

Simplelivin' said...

@ Moving - Seriously! I'd be sick...not to mention totally broke. I love my crockpot...I should use it more often too.

@Angie - I'll be sure to stop by and check it out.

Brooke said...

i hate that most tv show magazines think that eating cheap is $15-$20 per meal.