Monday, February 9, 2009

Frugal February Tip #8

Tip #8 - When doing your wash, only use half the amount of detergent recommend. Actually, you can probably go completely without, but a little extra cleaner never hurts. Your clothes will come out clean, I promise. I normally put the detergent in, and then start letting the washer fill up with water while I load my clothes. If for some reason I start loading first, I often forget the detergent, and surprisingly (or maybe not so much) my clothes come out fresh and clean! Back before washers they would hand wash but just scrubbing the clothes together. Unless there is a stain or major dirt theirs no need for extra soap.
So by cutting what you use in half, you just doubled the amount of loads you can do, and the amount of time in between having to by detergent!

No comments: