Friday, February 13, 2009

Frugal February Tip #12

Tip #12 - Save money on stain removers/treatment by making your own. The most simple is to use a little bit of your detergent on the spot. It's like super concentrated soap. If that doesn't do the trick, here are a few other hints that I've learned.
  • To whiten socks, soak them in baking soda and water before washing
  • To whiten handkerchiefs, at a touch of cream of tartar to the wash
  • If your black clothing is turning brown, add coffee or strong tea to the wash (this one scares me to try, but if you do it let me know!)
  • Hairspray works wonders with inkstains

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! Hairspray works wonders!

I'll have to try the baking soda idea!

Over the Cubicle Wall said...

I'll try the coffee tip and let you know how it turns out. I am assuming it is brewed coffee, not coffee grinds?