Monday, November 24, 2008

New look

If you look over at my sidebar you'll notice some new bars. I (finally!) figured out how to add tracker bars to show my progress in paying off debt and saving.
I was very excited to see that I have already paid off over half of mine in in the past 3 years! Woohoo!!!

My original goal was to have hubby's loan paid off by the end of 2010, but looking at it now, if we push ourselves, I think we can have it paid off by the end of his school year next year, which would be May 2010!

I know that a lot can happen in the next 2 years from losing a job, to having a baby, to getting a promotion, so I will update our goals as we approach the said dates (hopefully more aggressively)

So as of now here are our goals:

*Live in our new apartment for at least 2 years (Aug. 2010)
*Pay Hubby's loan by May 2010
*Pay My loan off by Sept 2010

I'm stating it so it's in writing and I will be held accountable. Plus, I can look back it every time I want to buy something (like a new lens for my camera).

What are your goals?

2 comments:

Serendipity said...

Student Loans can be the devil but it looks like you guys are doing awesome with them! Keep it up! :)

Simplelivin' said...

Thanks for the encouragement!