Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 8, not so limited spending

Total spending for day 8.... $84.96.

Ouch! I spent $22 of gas driving home from my parents because gas is so much cheaper there than it is here. So even though I was just under a half tank, I topped off. The good side is that I shouldn't have to buy any more gas for my car this month :-)

The major ouch part was our grocery bill. A whooping $62.97! Yeah, I know, it's almost $13 over our normal spending. Not that it justifies it, but We bought almost $85 worth of food. Some of the coupons I had I had to buy 2, or there were some good deals so we stocked up. Hopefully we'll make up for it next week and the week of Thanksgiving.

On the up side, my mom was talking about all these sales and really wanted to go shopping, and my brother called and told us about these amazing sales that Banana Republic had going on, but we stood strong and didn't even go to window shop! That is a huge step.
So despite the amount we spent, it could have been a lot worse.

No comments: