Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 19 of Thanks

This is what I woke up to this morning. Now I don't live in Minnesota where this is common. I honest don't remember the last, if ever, we've had an actual snow BEFORE Thanksgiving in PA.

19. I am thankful that I made it safely into work today. Hubby woke me up around 6am to let me know that it snowed. Not being a fan of winter I was anything but thrilled. After bundling up and cleaning off my car I headed to work. I followed what the weather lady said and left plenty early. Aside from the super slow driving, I had no problems, even when I got to the left turn lane off the highway right by my work (normally the worse place, as it gets extremely backed). I quickly realized that I wasn't so lucky when we couldn't turn because the road we were turning onto was a mess. A car had gone off the road, causing a tracker trailer to get stuck and no one could go around.
As I sat there and watched 2 cars try and go around him only to get stuck themselves causing even more of a back up. After not moving for 25 minutes I turned around and met a co-worker for coffee.
Apparently there were a lot of accidents and they actually had to close one of the major highways for awhile.
This is very untypical for this area, so I'm worried as to what winter will bring...although it was 70 this past Saturday...

I am just thankful that I didn't have any incidents!

No comments: