Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 1

Total spent for the day... $27.22.

Not too bad considering that Saturday is grocery shopping day. Our normal budget allows us $50/week for groceries. We decided to try and keep in under and I think we did an awesome job! My first real time using coupons, and definitely a good one! :-) I was so giddy walking around the store when I realized that we would be making money with the 1 item!

Hubby's school was giving out coupons for Campbell's drinkable soup and he loaded up on some. Come winter we are soup lovers, but the soup cups are normally more expensive because of the convenience, so we avoid them. Not only did we have coupons for $1 off, but I also had Giant's double coupons...which resulted in $2 off for 4 of them. Not knowing how much they were, I was assuming that they would be pretty close to free, if not paying us a little. Well they just happened to be on sale this week 8 for $10. That makes the 4 we bought only $5... with $8 in coupons giving us $3! Woohoo!!! We also had a $3 off of $30 coupon, which brought our total down to $27.22 for an entire week of food!!!
I am most definately keeping my eyes peeled for more coupons and saving like this! I can see why people have so much fun with shopping now! If the rest of the month goes like this we will have no problems!

No comments: